Complete shownotes at http://kittycouture.blogspot.com/2014/09/fluffy-fibers-episode-18.html
1. A BIT OF SEWING (02:50)
Jorna Tank Dress in the tunic length, designed by Jenna Brand, out of Perfect Pattern Parcel #3 (also available separately on Craftsy).
1.b Upcoming projects:
- Pavot jacket by Deer and Doe. Out of a purple cotton gabardine bought from Ma petite mercerie. I mention my purple coat with a silver lining - although I should also have mentioned my red maternity coat from 2011.
- blouse for my daughter
- lightweight quilt for my daughter
- Onion patterns kindly provided by Maria Denmark: Onion 2017 tunic, 1032 jacket and 2009 dress, all for one winner. Winner is HelenSewStylish for this linen skirt
- Two winners each won one pattern of their choice from Aesthetic Nest on Etsy. Winners are Tini for these beach bags and Speattle for this swimsuit.
- One post randomly selected from the chat thread on Ravelry to win a set of handmade kitchen towels by our very own Speattle on Ravelry. Winner is JennyAnne.
3. A BIT OF KNITTING (17:20)
- Socks for me out of Biscotte & Compagnie Felix Autorayante yarn in the Cupcake colourway. I'm using Susan B. Anderson's recipe.
- Fireflies Rising Shawlette by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade, out of Kettle Yarn Company Islington in the Chambray shade
3.b In progress
Tube socks for my daughter, out of Biscotte et Cie Cupcake yarn.
4. A BIT OF SPINNING (32:02)
- I finished spinning and plying some Juno Fibre Arts superwash merino-nylon, pictured above.I called it Wildflowers - Fleurs des champs
- I just finished spinning the singles out of 200 grams of a tonal pink merino from Alysse Création,
5. QUESTIONS ANSWERED (39:00)
I answer a request for tips on shopping for fabric.
I mention my post on Shopping for fabrics, yarn or embroidery notions in Paris.
I also mention Le Grand livre de la couture, edited by France Loisirs.
Websites mentioned: fabric.com , Pattern Review.
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.