Episode recorded on April 22, 2015.
Watch the VIDEO episode here.
Here is the direct feed and the iTunes page for the podcast.
I am FluffyFibers on Ravelry and the podcast has a Ravelry group and forum.
Full Shownotes: http://kittycouture.blogspot.com/2015/04/fluffy-fibers-episode-27-bag-making.html
1. MY CUP OF TEA
Caprice Gourmand by Les Jardins de Gaia: organic green tea with rhubarb, strawberry and vanilla. With white heather honey.
2. A HANDMADE WARDROBE
I am wearing my Day Tripper Top by Shwin Designs.The fabric is from Toto Tissus.
Craft something that makes your life more gentle. Cosy socks, a shawl, a blanket, a tea cosy... Does not need to be cast on specifically for this, and multiple-dipping is of course fine. Can be any craft.
Let's share ways in which we are mindfully gentle to ourselves.
People have been sharing inspirational thoughts and projects in the Ravelry group.
You can use the tag #gentlealong on Instagram.
- One skein of Lambswool and mohair Aran from Gregoria Fibers.
- One braid of BFL and Trilobal from Fondant Fibre in the Happenstance colourway.
- The Tea Collection by Clare Devine: one ebook for one winner, and one pattern for two winners.
- A project bag sewn by me.
4. A BIT OF SEWING
- I made a tunic out of Simplicity 1333 and a slinky, Lycra-type fabric.
- I have been making lots of project bags, and got some new fabric to make more!
5. A BIT OF KNITTING (AND CROCHET!)
Hitofude Cardigan out of Surnaturelle yarn from La Droguerie, in the Ardoise (Slate) colourway.
5.b In Progress
- Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang by Susan Ashcroft, out of my handspun
- Finders Keepers Amigurumi Doll by Ilaria Caliri, out of Bergère de France Ecoton (recycled cotton and acrylic blend, made in France).
- A secret project out of Voolenvine Succulent yarn, on her Lush base.
6. A BIT OF SPINNING
I have been spinning sock yarn out of Whitefaced Woodland dyed by Woolforbrains on Etsy.
Little Bobbins Knits
A Homespun House
Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.